Thursday, September 29, 2005

Another month rolls around

September is heading out, and the weather had turned to classic fall. Crisp sunny days, cool nights. My brother is coming up from Florida next week and was afraid the heat was staying too long and he wouldn't have any fall color to photograph. We can hope that the leaves start turning now.

Right now I'm reading the Library of America's collection of Edith Wharton stories. I really enjoy the heft and feel of their editions. I also picked up a couple of biographical works on Wharton last time I was at Half Price Books. Maybe I can get to them when the snow flies.

Art shows are still taking up a lot of time, and painting is cutting into reading time. Too bad I have to work for a living as well!

Next weekend is our annual madness here in Metamora--Canal Days. We can keep our fingers crossed that we have weather then like we're having today.

No comments: