Monday, February 28, 2005

Moving On

Finished P.J. and I think that about all that can be said is that he grew up, got a job, gained weight, fathered children and morphed into a republican.

There was a copy of Betty McDonald's The Egg and I in a box of books I was working through this past weekend. It's supposed to be a humorous look at egg ranching in Washington State, but scenarios of wifey washing dishes while hubby sits backs and smokes after both have spent the entire day building/plowing/whatever-farm-work make me wonder why she stayed.

I need to get back to the Alexander Hamilton bio I was working on, but I'm not sure where I left it. Somewhere in the office I think. Slogging through explanations of the development of the American financial systems is not quite what I expected, I thought he was supposed to have had an interesting personal life. You don't get shot at dawn at Weehawken by Burr for messing with the currency systems. Do you?

No comments: