Saturday, March 12, 2005

Thackery

Finished Barry Lyndon and since The Great Hoggarty Diamond was in the same volume I've moved on to it. When you haven't read them for a while it's easy to forget how much fun the stories the victorian novelists like Dickens and Thackery were.

Still working on the Braudel as well, but haven't spent too much time there this week. Just getting through the New Yorker is a challenge most weeks, and I think I have about three issues backed up there. I also picked up some Booth Tarkington titles on Ebay lately that I wanted to read before I put them into inventory.

Lanternguy is looking through a history of American clockmakers that I picked up in a box of books at a local auction. He took an ogee shelf clock to a local repairman who told him it was a Gilbert Thomas clock, but we can't seem to find that name listed anywhere. He's not given as one of the Seth Thomas sons, and there is another Gilbert clock company.

No comments: