Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Thackery wrap up

Finished the Hoggarty Diamond. A cautionary tale, warning against the evils of depending on speculation and the expectations of inheritance to make your fortune. Angelic love interest and sickly infant who dies promptly.

I've also discovered that Stewart Edward White, whom I've always thought of as a writer of western and outdoor themes, has a vein of books dealing with spiritualism. Just thought that was interesting.

Picked up a group of Misty of Chincoteague books from Wilson Book Research. Brings back fond memories of all the Marguerite Henry books I read. I never did get my son interested in those. As a matter of fact the other evening we were looking for his Lloyd Alexander books and ran across a set of the Mary O'Hara Flicka books and his only comment was that they were depressing. We never did find the Chronicles of Prydain we were looking for, I wonder where I've filed them?

No comments: