Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A week gone by

Started on the Evangeline Walton welsh stories. Now that I've seen them I'm not sure why they were published separately, they're none too long. All four together might make a hefty tome, and fit right in with such things as The Once and Future King and the single volume versions of the Lord of the Rings.

Otherwise I've been trying to catch up on my New Yorkers. About four weeks behind right now. The advantage to that is that when I finish one and start the next I understand the letters to the editor much better than if it had been a week since I read the magazine.

Lanternguy is still studying his American Clocks and Clockmakers. The Seth Thomas Ogee clock is back from the repairman and seems to have sufficient internal evidence to support a circa 1850 date. Previous repair dates of 1909 and 1940 were noted inside the case.

Son and heir has started a blog for his new puppy at Xanga.com/Gryff. Such a cutie!

No comments: